Looking for an easy baked salmon recipe that’s healthy and delicious? Look no further than my baked salmon with lemon and honey! This dish is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal or special occasion.
Not only is it packed with flavor, but salmon is also an excellent source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and essential vitamins and minerals. By combining it with tangy lemon and sweet honey, you’ll create a dish that’s sure to impress.
- Baked salmon with lemon and honey is a healthy and delicious dish.
- Salmon is an excellent source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and essential vitamins and minerals.
- This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal or special occasion.
- The combination of tangy lemon and sweet honey creates a dish that’s sure to impress.
- Get ready to enjoy a healthy and tasty meal with this baked salmon recipe.
Ingredients for Baked Salmon with Lemon and Honey
If you’re looking for a simple and delicious salmon recipe, you’ve come to the right place. To prepare this baked salmon fillet, you’ll need:
|Salmon fillets||4 (6 oz each)|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic powder||1/2 tsp|
This easy-to-follow baked salmon fillet recipe requires minimal ingredients, but the results are sure to impress.
Instructions for Baking Salmon with Lemon and Honey
Baking salmon with a sweet and tangy lemon and honey glaze is easy and straightforward. Follow these simple steps to prepare this irresistible dish:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the salmon fillets on it.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, lemon juice, honey, and garlic.
- Brush the glaze generously over the salmon fillets, making sure they are fully coated.
- Sprinkle the fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the salmon for 12-15 minutes, or until it is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
A perfectly baked salmon with lemon and honey glaze should have a caramelized top and a moist and flaky interior. If you’re unsure whether your salmon is done, check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. It should read 140°F (60°C) when inserted into the thickest part of the fillet.
For a more intense lemon and honey flavor, you can spoon additional glaze over the cooked salmon fillets before serving. Garnish with fresh herbs or lemon wedges for an added pop of color.
“The lemon and honey glazed salmon is a crowd favorite in my family. It’s quick and easy to make and always turns out perfectly.” – Jane
Try this easy baked salmon recipe with lemon and honey glaze for a healthy and delicious meal that is perfect for any occasion.
Tips for Perfectly Baked Salmon
As a professional chef, I have some tried and true tips for achieving perfectly baked salmon with a sweet and tangy lemon and honey glaze.
1. Choose the Right Salmon
When it comes to healthy baked salmon, it’s essential to start with a quality fillet. Look for wild-caught salmon, as it is less likely to contain harmful pollutants and antibiotics. Coho, sockeye, and chinook are all excellent choices for baking.
2. Don’t Overcook
No one likes dry, overcooked salmon. Keep a close eye on the timer and remove the fillets from the oven as soon as they’re cooked through. A good rule of thumb is to bake for 10 minutes per inch of thickness at 375°F, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
3. Use a Honey Lemon Marinade
While the lemon and honey glaze in the recipe is delicious, consider marinating the salmon in a mixture of honey, lemon, olive oil, garlic, and herbs before baking. This will infuse the fish with even more flavor and moisture.
4. Let it Rest
After removing the salmon from the oven, allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the fillet, ensuring a moist and flavorful bite.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create a delicious and healthy baked salmon dish that your family and friends will love. And don’t forget to experiment with different marinades and seasonings to find your perfect flavor combination!
Serving Suggestions for Lemon and Honey Baked Salmon
Once the delicious baked salmon is ready to serve, it’s time to think about the perfect accompaniments to round out the meal. Here are some serving suggestions that complement the sweet and tangy flavor of the lemon and honey glazed salmon:
- Roasted vegetables: The savory flavors of roasted vegetables, such as brussels sprouts, carrots, and sweet potatoes, pair perfectly with the subtle sweetness of the baked salmon. Simply toss your favorite vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast them at 400°F for 20-30 minutes until tender and caramelized.
- Fresh salad: A light and refreshing salad is a great way to balance out the rich and flavorful baked salmon. Try a mix of greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado, and top it off with a simple lemon and olive oil dressing.
- Herbed quinoa: For a healthy and protein-packed side dish, try serving the baked salmon with a fluffy bed of herbed quinoa. Simply cook quinoa according to package instructions and toss with chopped herbs like parsley, dill, and chives.
Whether you prefer to keep it simple with roasted vegetables or add a bit of complexity with an herbed quinoa side, the delicious baked salmon with lemon and honey is sure to be the star of the show.
In conclusion, this baked salmon recipe with lemon and honey is a simple yet impressive dish that will leave your taste buds satisfied. Its combination of sweet and tangy flavors makes it a crowd-pleaser for any occasion. It’s an easy recipe that you can quickly prepare for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
Variation of the Recipe
If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding a honey lemon marinade to the baked salmon. Mix honey, lemon juice, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes in a bowl, then pour it over the salmon before baking. It’s a delicious twist on the original recipe that will take your taste buds on a journey.
When it comes to serving the baked salmon with lemon and honey, the possibilities are endless. You can pair it with roasted vegetables like asparagus or broccoli for a complete and healthy meal. Alternatively, you can serve it with a fresh salad or some rice pilaf. The key is to experiment and find what works best for you.
I hope this recipe inspires you to try something new in the kitchen and enjoy a healthy and delicious meal. Happy cooking!
Can I use frozen salmon for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen salmon for this recipe. Thaw it completely before baking.
How long should I bake the salmon?
The baking time will vary depending on the thickness of your salmon fillets. In general, bake for about 12-15 minutes per inch of thickness at 425°F (220°C), or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Can I substitute the lemon with other citrus fruits?
Yes, you can substitute the lemon with other citrus fruits like lime or orange for a different flavor profile.
Can I use maple syrup instead of honey?
Yes, you can use maple syrup as a substitute for honey in this recipe. It will impart a slightly different flavor to the dish.
Can I marinate the salmon with the lemon and honey glaze?
While marinating the salmon can add extra flavor, it is not necessary for this recipe. The glaze applied before baking will provide enough flavor.